My Mission As a Therapist
I’m passionate about my growth as a person and a professional psychotherapist. I have achieved deep transformation through Modern Analytic Group Psychotherapy, the type of therapy that I practice.
In fact, I often say that psychotherapy saved my life.
I am deeply committed to my own ongoing growth. I am in my own weekly therapy as well as two weekly therapy groups and attend other trainings locally and across the US. I’m also involved in ongoing training at the Center for Group Studies in New York.
I want my clients to have the opportunity to be as transformed as they want to be. My mission is to help my clients understand the varied ways in which they unconsciously keep themselves trapped in emotional and behavioral patterns that make their lives a mere shadow of what they could be.
Being a therapist and helping people improve their lives and relationships is one of the most rewarding aspects of my life.
The Qualities that Make Me an Excellent Therapist
- I’m extremely intuitive and empathic, which makes me very good at understanding my clients quickly. These qualities are essential in providing highly effective therapy.
- I am flexible and open to feedback from my clients. I want the therapy process to work for you, so I am open to hearing your feelings and thoughts on how I our work is going in your therapy sessions.
- I am patient, intelligent, and hard working. I use humor when appropriate in the therapy room. While therapy is a serious matter, it can also be incredibly therapeutic to lighten up from time to time and share laughter together.
- I invest time and money in my own growth as well as my therapy knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis. My goal is to continuously improve at providing a higher standard of service.
- I will continue to work on my personal and professional skills as long as I live because I want everything that is possible for myself. I also want you to have as much of everything that is possible for you, as my client.
My Psychotherapy Credentials
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – State of Texas
- Licensed Clinical Supervisor – State of Texas
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP) – National Registry of Group Psychotherapists
- Master of Science in Social Work (MSSW) – The University of Texas at Austin, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts – The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
- The Center for Group Studies, New York, NY (Pursuing additional certification)
Professional Psychotherapist Memberships
- Member, American Group Psychotherapy Association
- Member, current and former Board Member, Austin Group Psychotherapy Society
- Member of an ongoing training group in Modern Analytic Group Psychotherapy
Other Therapy Activities
- Leading a support group for Psychology and Social Work interns in a training program, Counseling and Mental Health Center, the University of Texas at Austin (2013 – 2017)
If you want to have better relationships and a better life, I am convinced that the method of therapy I practice is the answer.
It has worked for me and countless of others. AND, it can work for you too.